It’s important to us that you can feel confident that your personal information is safe and being looked after.
We appreciate the trust you place in us and in return we respect our customers’ privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
- enter into a contract with us;
- use our products and services;
- register to use our website through an online account and when you log in to use that account;
- contacted us or our service providers directly for any reason, including enquiring about or purchasing our products and services, requesting further information, seeking assistance or reporting a problem with your account or our website;
- subscribed to receive our alerts and newsletters, participate in our promotions and competitions, and filling in forms and applications.
What Personal Information do you collect?
We will not collect any information about individuals, except where specifically and knowingly provided by them. Personal Information may include;
- Your Name and contact details including your work contact number and work email address
- Your Job Title / Occupation
- Interests relating to product, services or technology that ENGIE, ENGIE Group Companies or Business Partners may provide.
Why do we need your personal data?
We need to collect and use your personal information to:
- provide you with the products and services you have requested from us;
- respond to your enquiries and requests for assistance;
- verify your identity when you register for our website or products and services, log into our website or contact us in relation to your account (where applicable);
- provide you with personalised products and services;
- provide you with personalised content on our website and the websites of our service providers and business partners;
- tell you about changes to our products and services;
- combine your personal information with information that other ENGIE group companies and business partners have collected from their service providers, third parties, and cookies or web beacons in order to personalise your experience and to improve the quality of the services you receive;
- obtain your feedback about our products, services or websites;
- comply with our legal and contractual obligations;
When we might need to share your information
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with third parties, this includes:
- our service providers so that they can provide or assist us with providing our products and services, or provide you with products or services that you have requested directly from them;
- third parties where you have requested information, products or services from them;
- relevant government, regulatory or public authorities, including the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (OFGEM).
- our legal representatives or other concerned parties in circumstances where we reasonably believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
- where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If ENGIE or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How long do we keep this information?
- the minimum regulatory retention requirements as set by OFGEM, OFCOM and the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
- the statutory retention periods for accounting records, as set by the Companies Act and HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
- the retention periods set by the TRAS Fraud Prevention Agency
Where our retention periods are not governed by legislation, our retention policy is based on commercial justifications. These include:
- To comply with our Supplier Licence Conditions
- To enable us to provide you with our products and services
- To allow us to resolve any disputes or complaints
- For the detection and prevention of fraud
Where is my personal data stored?
Although ENGIE are based in the EEA, we may need to process your personal information outside of the EEA through our outsource data processes in countries such as the US, North and South America, Asia, and Africa.
When we disclose your information to our service providers located overseas, we endeavour to ensure your personal information is treated in accordance with the standards required by the GDPR. This may include;
- Sending information to countries deemed as having adequate protection by the EU
- Entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with our suppliers or in the case of US based service providers, ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield
How do we safeguard your personal information?
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information we collect. We do our very best to ensure the security of personal information held by us to protect your information from unauthorised access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure.
Access to personal information is restricted to authorised employees, contractors, agents and service providers, who are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We regularly review and update our security measures considering current technologies.
Do we use and disclose your personal information for marketing purposes?
We will always give you the opportunity to tell us if you wish to receive information about our other products and services.
If you have agreed, we may use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, products or services which we believe may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with ENGIE group companies and business partners, service providers so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with any products or services that you have requested.
If we contact you for marketing purposes, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information is not used for direct marketing by us in the future.
If you change your mind at any time and prefer not to hear from us about marketing, special offers or promotions, please let us know by getting in touch with our Customer Care Team on 0800 130 3600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you access or correct your personal information and credit reporting information, or make a privacy or Data Protection complaint?
You have the right to ask for access to, correction of or erasure of personal information we hold about you. However, we may limit your access if it would disclose personal information about another person, or where it would disclose commercially sensitive information. You also have the right to make a complaint if you believe that we have not complied with privacy laws in relation to your information.
To obtain access, correct your information, request an erasure, make a complaint or enquire about your rights, please contact us in writing using the contact details below. We will acknowledge any complaints in writing as soon as we can and respond to any complaints or enquiries within 30 days. If you are also dissatisfied with our response you can contact the Information Commissioner office.
For personal information enquiries:
Attention: Privacy Officer
Phone: 0800 130 3600
No 1 Leeds
26 Whitehall Road
For gas supply:
ENGIE Gas Shipper Limited (registered in England No: 3814488),
ENGIE Gas Limited (registered in England No: 3814495).
For electricity supply:
ENGIE Power Limited (registered in England No: 4236804)
The registered office for each of these companies is No1 Leeds, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds, LS12 1BE