- About us
- Early Careers
- Graduates - Business
- Graduates - Commercial Development
Graduates - Commercial Development
Commercial Development Graduate Scheme:
What does the scheme involve?
The Commercial Development scheme is designed to help you develop your business career whilst giving you as much flexibility to experience different areas of our business. You will have a structured, three year programme that will span our entire UK business – giving an unrivalled understanding of how support our Services and Energy Divisions.
You will have a passion for putting the customer first, working in teams, doing a great job and constantly looking to improve and innovate.
You could be making an immediate contribution supporting our next successful £200m tender. You could be providing critical contractual support to our asset and operational teams. You could be working with our extensive supply chain to ensure we and they remain focussed on our diversity and sustainability commitments. The opportunities on this scheme are vast and you will be working with many previous graduates who are willing and able to support you as they were supported.
During the scheme you may start to specialise in a certain area as together we understand where you want to take your career. You will be supported to become a future Business Development Manager, Commercial Manager or our next Sustainability Manager. Whatever path you choose, your experiences in other areas, we firmly believe, will make you stronger leaders of the future.
You will gain experience over the duration of the scheme of:
- Business Development
- Full bid lifecycle
- Understanding our strategic markets
- Financial modelling and pricing
- 'Risk identification and mitigation strategies
- Governance and submission management
- Marketing and branding
- Strategy and proposition development
- Pre-contract (contract reviews, pricing models, mobilisation)
- Post-contract (claims, variations, contractual advice)
- Compliance Auditing
- Market Analysis
- Proposition Development
- Business modelling
- Aligning business, financial and strategic objectives
- Public Affairs
- Senior stakeholder management
- Corporate Responsibility
- Environmental improvement (water, waste, energy, carbon management)
- Employee engagement
- Diversity and inclusion
- Supply chain
- Innovation and Development
All our trainees will get one operational placement. It is vital for our commercial and BD managers to have an appreciation of what we deliver to customers.
Where applicable, we will support you in achieving professional accreditation if and when you decide to specialise in a particular area.